LED LANDSCAPE LIGHTING: Since January of 2014, incandescent bulbs are no longer manufactured in the United States. LEDs have become a popular and efficient alternative for lighting our homes, yards, and businesses.
There are many benefits of using LED landscape lighting:
- LEDs are more efficient than other lighting and uses up to 80% less energy than incandescent bulbs.
- LEDs emit light in a specific direction. LEDs do not need reflectors and diffusers to direct the light.
- LEDs are safer because they emit less heat which reduces the risk of fires and burns.
- LEDs are more durable. Instead of being made of glass they are made with epoxy lenses which are more durable and more resistant to breaking.
- LEDs do not contain mercury which makes them more environmentally friendly in comparison to incandescent and CFLs. Unlike CFLs, there is not special clean-up process if a light is broken.
- LEDs last longer than other alternatives. LEDs can last 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs.
- LEDs don’t attract bugs which make them the ideal lighting for outdoors.
- LEDs are now offered in a variety of colors including red, green, and amber.
- LEDs perform great in cold temperatures making them perfect for outdoor use.
- LEDs can work with a dimmer switch unlike CFLs. (LED lights that run on 120V AC do not dim.)
- LEDs have decreased in cost since their release on the market and have gained popularity as holiday lights, car headlights, interior, and exterior lighting.